New features in version 20
Faster, simpler and more intuitive
Developers striving to quickly and easily add powerful OCR and image processing features to their applications have always been relying on the OmniPage Capture SDK.
- Simplified installation and licensing
- Improved handwriting recognition with new ICR2 engine
- Optimised automatic language recognition and 3D deskewing
- Additional support for document output as PDF/A-1a, -2a, -3a, -3b and -3u, and HTML5
- New, intuitive distribution assistant
- Additional and highly productive APIs and settings
- Automatable training tool for document classification
- OCR processing for Hebrew and formatted text output for Arabic
The recognition accuracy for Asian languages has increased enormously in the new version: layout accuracy by 45% and character accuracy by 40%. Additionally, the SDK now contains an OCR engine for Thai.
Form processing made easy
The technology for form processing has been improved considerably in the new OmniPage Capture SDK. It now contains the Form Template Editor, a powerful tool for creating, editing, testing and managing form templates. Improved programming interfaces ensure a reliable template matching and comfortable form data extraction.
Improved image processing by including meta data
The OmniPage Capture SDK improves the processing of images taken with digital cameras or smartphones by obtaining the EXIF data from these images. A host of new algorithms for automatic resolution calculation or for shading correction as well as new workflows ensure that a maximum of data gets captured and converted into text during image processing.
The OmniPage Capture SDK provides software developers with multiple programming interfaces and a large selection of samples. For newcomers, however, it is not always obvious how to select the right interface and get started with programming because of the sheer amount of modules and functions.
All three programming interfaces of the SDK cover almost the same functionality and provide the same OCR accuracy. They do, however, follow different concepts and some of them have been implemented for multiple programming languages. Depending on which programming language you want to use and if you need the Visual Controls of the SDK you can quickly reduce the selection of interfaces to the one that suits you best.
For commercial software vendors looking for OCR precision and sophisticated image processing, the OmniPage Capture SDK offers scalable OCR and comprehensive imaging features to develop high-value, competitive products on all platforms.
The licensing options of the OmniPage SDK have been created with a special focus on user demands. No dongles are required. The following licenses are for developers to create applications. To obtain licensing options and prices of runtime licenses for distributing and installing the applications alongside the required SDK components please send us a short request from our contact page.
Base OCR Kit
- Developer license for installing the OmniPage Capture SDK. Contains all modules and multiple test runtime licenses to test applications in the target environment.
- C/C++/.NET libraries for Western OCR
- OCR-A, OCR-B, E-13B (MICR)
- PDF technology: PDF 1.7, PDF/A, PDF Normal, image-only PDF, PDF with image-over-text and high PDF-MRC compression rate
- Professional Visual Toolbox
- Add-on for advanced document processing technologies
- Form Template Editor
- Document Classifier Assistant
Asian Plus Add-on
- Add-on for additional support of Asian languages
- Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)