OmniPage Server is a product suite including server applications, server API, a folder watcher and a conversion client. All user interface components are web based.
- The Server Master manages job queues from client applications and watched folders and distributes jobs to processing workers.
- Using the IIS service, the Server Master provides web interfaces to the Admin Console, the Web Conversion Client and the Folder Watcher Configuration, and also offers a web service.
- The Database Server stores all system settings and information about each processing job.
- Database Server and Server Master can be installed on the same computer or separate computers, according to your company’s infrastructure.
- The Processing Workers exectute the processing jobs and notify the Server Master when they are finished.
- Workers can run on the same computer as the Server Master or on any number of additional computers.
- The number of processor cores of a Worker defines the number of jobs it can execute simultaneously.
- The Clients instruct the Server Master to process documents.
- Assignments can be made using the Web Conversion Client, by storing files in a watched folder, or by sending requests via a programming interface.
We offer a fully functional trial version of Nuance’s OmniPage Server for free download. This trial version enables you to test all features of this products and process up to 30,000 pages.